Sunday, April 5, 2009

Movies and Booze

Is basically how Saturday turned out. I went and did the good old movie double sneak seeing both Adventureland and I Love You Man.

Both films were good. I Love You Man made me feel sort of awkward, it was definitely well done though. Adventureland was better. The actors from Freaks and Geeks keep showing they that they have what it takes to make it in Hollywood. I was thoroughly entertained although it was a less funny than I thought it would be.

Post movie activities including attending the opening of the new Reax space and drinking a bunch of liquid mistakes in the form of Kentucky Gentleman whiskey. Probably the worst well whiskey there is, not that any of them are good.

The new Reax space is really nice. It's a little converted house. One half serves as an art gallery and shop and the other half holds the laptops and other accoutrements that the Reax crew use to put out their little rag.

The art on the walls was kind of interesting. It was by Eleanor Grosch. There was also plenty of Red Bull, jug wine and cookies on hand so I pretty much couldn't have been happier. Here's a photograph that I took:
I must have walked over this square of concrete nearly 100 times since 2006 and I never noticed this. It's so strange. I wonder who the mysterious Tristan is that put this here. I've certainly never met them.

No comments: