Thursday, November 13, 2008

100 Strangers

For the past couple weeks the concept of familiar strangers has come up in conversation. The link defines it as "an aspect of urban anonymity."

There are so many of these characters in my life. Faces in crowds, repeated often and never addressed.

These people are often some of the ones I would like to photographic but self consciousness and fear of breaking social norms prevents me.

When I saw the 100 strangers project in a photo magazine at Barnes and Noble I was interested and thought I might try it out.

I was sort of nervous asking to take her picture but had a little extra liquid courage in my system. I asked her and she was completely fine with it. I was sort of surprised and happy because it was getting late and I was worried that I wouldn't get another chance that day.

Here's the beginning, it won't be the last.

No comments: