Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A rarity

Today I had a religious experience...

It didn't happen in a church or a temple but instead the bathroom of the St. Petersburg Times Tampa office.

I ate a pear. Not just any pear. One of the finest pears in all the land.

The juice tasted like heaven and I'm pretty sure the only way they can get them so sweet is to have a priest from every religion bless them.

"I'm in a state of post-pear euphoria, unlike anything I've ever experienced," said my close friend Joshua Neiderer as we laughed hardily, drunk of this gastronomic explosion of fruit and bliss. "Truly rare winter Riviera pears are the fruit of the gods."

I would argue that if gods worshiped gods these green bundles of delicious would be just the cuisine for them.

"Their lush juiciness, melting texture and exquisite flavor are truly unique," claims their creator Harry & David.

They are truth speaking prophets and their gospel is fine fruit.

Try these pears they are worth so much more than what they charge for them...

I imagine this might send someone into a pleasure coma.

1 comment:

lahierophant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.