Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blur

The past week has been a blur and thus I haven't posted, as I am just now getting back into the swing of things.

Sitting in my apartment I no longer hear the shuffle of feet above me. My best friend has moved to Brooklyn for bigger and better adventures than this midsized Florida city can offer. And so an apartment that I spent so many years visiting is empty.

The New Year is here. It's a time for transition and new growth I suppose. I feel good if not a bit sad and nostalgic every once and awhile. There are big things happening and sometimes I even feel like I might be part of something.

I haven't made any resolutions myself but I'm inspired by the lofty goals and bravery of my peers. In four months I hope to be back in India, this time with a friend. As for the time being I suppose I'll just keep shooting and hope that I can get more of that kind of work at the St. Pete Times.

I hope the New Year brings good things to you as well. There are some pictures floating around here and there but I think most of them will be confined to my hard drive.On another note I have been digging through suitcases and dusty boxes lately. They're filled with treasure and some of it has been uploaded to flickr.

That's all for now. I'm off to watch elephants eat ice cream. Maybe I'll have a picture of it up here later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a bummer. Change is rough. I think Andy and I are considering moving to NY. Or back to Cincinnati. Or LA. We're going somewhere in March-- nothing's very planned as you can probably tell. I like the elephant picture, too.

-Tracy