Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not the photograph I wanted to take...


Boring...
Originally uploaded by TristanWheelock
I got off work feeling good. The air was crisp and the crush of mundane duty wasn't so heavy today. I felt light on the two wheels that carried me home, I felt like taking a photograph.

I wanted to add to the lagging numbers of my 100 strangers project. I got back to my apartment, changed and set off by bike to find a subject. It was tough finding people and when I did for some reason I just froze up. I couldn't ask them if I could take their photograph. I felt awkward and a bit overwhelmed.

I kept going through different approaches in my head but when the time came to open my mouth I couldn't find the words so I just biked on by. I don't know what it was. I suppose rejection but when you think about it objectively "no" really isn't anything to worry about. Alas and alack.

I'm disappointed in myself but I'm going to use the feeling as a motivator. Hopefully there will be more faces up here soon until then I'm sorry you have to settle for this faceless landscape, at least the sky is sort of pretty...

No comments: