Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lots

I just finished confirming everything for the Delta 09 Barefoot Workshop. I'm going to be heading to Clarksdale Mississippi for two weeks to learn how to make documentaries. It's pretty exciting.

Film making has been a secret dream of mine for a long time but I never took it too seriously. Now I have the tools and I'm about to get the knowledge. Watch out world.

I spent the weekend playing paparazzi at various glamorous and not so glamorous Super Bowl parties around Tampa. I'm going to edit the photographs this afternoon and have them up by this evening.

It was a challenging but overall rewarding experience. I can now say for certain that I never want to be a celebrity photographer but that I respect the people who do it.

And, I saw this:
I first read about it on Slate. The review had the headline, "Jean-Claude Van Damme Made Me Cry." I couldn't believe it but after seeing it I have to say I'm convinced and that I too teared up a little.

The film paints a very human and touching portrait of Van Damme the man rather than Van Damme "the muscle from Brussles." It addresses his custody battle over his daughter, his money problems and his difficulty dealing with stardom. And yeah, he delivers a beautiful poignant monologue that just sort of ties the whole thing together. Watch it. It's completely rewarding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I loved JCVD too.