Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back in Tampa

The two day hiatus was rough for all of us I know, but now I'm officially back in town and ready to... go nuts? Party? Errr who knows what this crazy city will throw at me.

Instead of posting a blog last night I sat on a beat up plastic chair in the parking lot outside of my place with my best friend and a 4-pack of 16 oz. bottles of Bud heavy.

It was a wonderful evening, possibly the perfect way to herald my return from the world of corporate award snapshots. We talked and laughed and reminisced over the events of the past three days. It was eventful indeed, a lot happens when you try to push the limits of your liver and social acceptability every night (har har har).

But really there's a lot to be said for skipping a night on the town and instead tipping back a couple of cold ones with a close friend. Think about it next time your about to head out to the club. Instead of dropping $20 on an evening of smokey bars and loose women (or men) drop $5 on cheap beer and talk about the stuff that really matters or doesn't... you might like it.

Anyway tonight you might find me at Orpheum trying my best to drown in cheap booze (gin and pineapple is delicious I promise). Tomorrow I'm going to brave the long lines for 1905 day at the Columbia. They're lowering their prices to the levels they were at when they first opened. Count me in for $.95 glasses of Sangria and $1.95 fancy salads...

And here's the picture...



It's my first ever invoice (I feel like a real professional now) covered in gold coins, cash and rupees. I hear rituals like this are the only real way to succeed in this tough business. I hope so, I need all the help I can get.

No comments: