Thursday, September 18, 2008

Resurrection


Sweat. Grease. Rust. Three things that I was covered in this afternoon when I decided it would be a good idea to try and bring some ancient beach cruisers back into the world of the living.

After a couple hours of of struggling with what I think were the first pair of pliers ever invented (the only tool I could find) I managed to get one of the three bikes to sort of work. Yay for slow going early nineties beach bikes!

Today was also day two of the previously mentioned photo assignment. This was the big night. The put up or shut up. The show. The end all be all. Really, it was just dinner at a local hotel with some pseudo important delegates giving speeches about the impact of Main Street associations in Florida and handing out various awards.

Not quite an island side fashion shoot for Elle or a mountain trek expedition for REI but I may be on my way...

The light was friendly to me today. I managed to bounce it just right so that the wrinkles in my geriatric subjects were smoothed to a creamy veneer. Smiles popped and teeth glistened as the shutter clicked and clicked. It was magical in a way. Well I guess it really wasn't but much less stressful then yesterday.

Tomorrow it's a few hours in front of the laptop, picking up a paycheck and then boarding the good old Greyhound back to Tampa just in time for Pulp.

Maybe I'll see you out there, time for me to go to bed...

1 comment:

Daniel Reskin said...

Bro I just realized! When I come up for a visit... HEADSHOTS! Who better than you to capture my ESSENCE?!